Happening Next Week: :
HIPS Meeting with Volunteer Thank Yous, 4/18 @ 6:30pm:
In the FDR. Childcare provided by HIPS at the YMCA. http://evite.me/95843scWt7
SELAC Meeting, 4/18, 5:30pm
In the FDR before the HIPS Meeting.
Earth Day Celebration & Expo, 4/21
Various activities throughout the day. 4th and 5th grades are still looking for yarn and tshirts for their crafts for the EXPO. Bring donations to Mrs. Roberts or Mrs. Friedman’s class. Grade level shirt colors are as follows: Kinder wears green, 1st wears navy blue, 2nd wears trout shirts made at school, 3rd wears white, 4th wears red, and 5th wears science camp tie dye.
Hacienda Yearbooks are On Sale Now Until May 12th!
Place your order for the 2016/17 Yearbook – it is the ONLY way to guarantee you will receive a yearbook this year.
Price is $27, cash or check (payable to HIPS)
Turn in your Order Form ASAP
LAST DAY TO ORDER IS MAY 12
NO ORDERS CAN BE ACCEPTED AFTER 5/12
- April 29 – SPRING FLING
- May 10 thru May 20 – INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY PORTRAITS IN THE HACIENDA OUTDOOR CLASSROOM (SEE DETAILS SECTION FOR MORE INFO)
Want to know what’s after that? Check out the calendar at http://tinyurl.com/HIPSCalendar. It has the events scheduled for the entire school year!
Individual and Family Portraits in the Outdoor Classroom
This is a fundraising event for our Outdoor Classroom and Science Program
Appointment times available:
Saturday, May 20 – 2:30-6:00
Wednesday May 10 and Thursday May 18 – 3:15-6:15
Two types of sittings will be available-
Basic – Appointments booked every 15 minutes. 10-15 pictures taken in several locations. Photographer chooses the pose that goes in the package. Package prices begin at $50.00
Premium – Appointments booked every 30 minutes. 20-30 pictures taken in several locations. Customer will view pictures using my online gallery and choose the pose(s) they want for their package. Package prices begin at $90.00
Packages will be delivered to your child’s classroom before the end of the school year.
Donations back to the school will directly benefit the Outdoor Classroom/Science Program.
ONGOING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES – WE NEED YOU!!!
The sun is shining bright & we are looking for some volunteers at Hacienda. Can you help us out? If you can help with any of the following needs or want more information about them, please contact: Diana Wilson/ Volunteer VP at: Hipsvolunteervp@gmail.com
Urgent On-Campus Needs:
- Kinder Reading – Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays at either 9:30 or 9:50. There’s also a preschool class on Tuesdays at 10:10. Come read a book to our kinder kiddos. Our new librarian, Mrs. Kang needs your help!!
- Yard Duties – We need a few more people to help keep the kids safe on the playground. See the front office staff for details.
- Drop-Off Circle Helpers – do you have 20 minutes to spare in the morning? If so, please come and open car doors and greet students as they arrive.
Coordinator Position Needs:
- URGENT – Membership Drive Chairperson for next fall (planning starts in July) – This is a fun & rewarding position. You’ll be busy the first 4 weeks of school and then you can relax. Assemble a team of friends and make a committee to share the duties – easy peasy.
- URGENT – 5th Grade Promotion Reception – We need one or two 4th grade parents to plan this fun and exciting event. This Hacienda tradition is a light brunch reception held for the 5th grade students and families after their promotion ceremony on the last day of school.
- Newsletter Editor – No experience necessary. Adobe Indesign training provided (with discount for Indesign). Only 4-10 hours per month, depending on experience. Newsletter editor does not write the articles, only has to make the articles fit the template. Flexible schedule. Can be done outside of normal work/school hours, so it’s a great volunteering option for working parents looking for a way to give back to the school. Co-editor also possible if there is interest in sharing the position. Contact Elina Hue at email@example.com for more info.
2017-2018 HIPS Board Needs:
Are you interested in being on the HIPS Board next year? It’s a great way to build community and volunteer for our amazing school. Be apart of a fun-loving, hardworking, passionate team 🙂 If you are interested, please chat with Anna Lily or contact Diana Wilson at: Hipsvolunteervp@gmail.com for more information.
Thank you for your time-
HIPS Volunteer VP/ 2nd & 4th grade mom
Spring Fling 2017 Needs:
If you can help with any of the following, please contact Muriel Mawdsley/ Spring Fling Coordinator /firstname.lastname@example.org
- We still desperately need an auction database person!!!!!
- We are looking for a volunteer to lead the Bake Sale.
We are looking for a few more Spring Fling Shirts !!2001, 2002, 2004, 2007, 2009 (To donate or lend)