Happening Next Week:
- Monday & Tuesday, 4/3-4/4, 11am – 11pm – Dinner Night Out @ Chili’s Almaden Plan on lunch or dinner at Chili’s and earn money for Hacienda! There’s no extra cost to you. Extra flyers available in the office.
- Tuesday, 4/4 – Illustrator (and aspiring author) Dan Hanna is coming to Hacienda He will present his latest book, The Pout-Pout Fish, Far, Far From Home, to grades K-2. You can order personalized, signed copies of some of Dan Hanna’s books. Please bring cash OR a check payable to Hicklebee’s with the attached order form to the school office by Monday, April 3rd. Books will be given to the students on Wednesday, April 5th. Please contact Melissa Belur at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Thursday, 4/6, 8:30 – 9am – Kindergarten/New Family Spring Fling Q&A Attention *Kindergarten and NEW Hacienda families* Stop by our Coffee Cart on Thursday morning starting at 8:30, located near Room 1 & 2 on the Kinder side of the campus. Come enjoy a cup of coffee and find out more information about our longest running annual event, Spring Fling!
- April 10-14 – Spring Break
- April 29 – SPRING FLING
Want to know what’s after that? Check out the calendar at http://tinyurl.com/HIPSCalendar. It has the events scheduled for the entire school year!
ONGOING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
WE NEED YOU!!!
The sun is shining bright & we are looking for some volunteers at Hacienda. Can you help us out? If you can help with any of the following needs or want more information about them, please contact: Diana Wilson/ Volunteer VP at: Hipsvolunteervp@gmail.com
Urgent On-Campus Needs:
- Kinder Reading – Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays at either 9:30 or 9:50. There’s also a preschool class on Tuesdays at 10:10. Come read a book to our kinder kiddos. Our new librarian, Mrs. Kang needs your help!!
- Yard Duties – We need a few more people to help keep the kids safe on the playground. See the front office staff for details.
- Drop-Off Circle Helpers – do you have 20 minutes to spare in the morning? If so, please come and open car doors and greet students as they arrive.
Coordinator Position Needs:
- URGENT – Membership Drive Chairperson for next fall (planning starts in July) – This is a fun & rewarding position. You’ll be busy the first 4 weeks of school and then you can relax. Assemble a team of friends and make a committee to share the duties – easy peasy.
- URGENT – 5th Grade Promotion Reception – We need one or two 4th grade parents to plan this fun and exciting event. This Hacienda tradition is a light brunch reception held for the 5th grade students and families after their promotion ceremony on the last day of school.
- Newsletter Editor – No experience necessary. Adobe Indesign training provided (with discount for Indesign). Only 4-10 hours per month, depending on experience. Newsletter editor does not write the articles, only has to make the articles fit the template. Flexible schedule. Can be done outside of normal work/school hours, so it’s a great volunteering option for working parents looking for a way to give back to the school. Co-editor also possible if there is interest in sharing the position. Contact Elina Hue at email@example.com for more info.
2017-2018 HIPS Board Needs:
Are you interested in being on the HIPS Board next year? It’s a great way to build community and volunteer for our amazing school. Be apart of a fun-loving, hardworking, passionate team 🙂 If you are interested, please chat with Anna Lily or contact Diana Wilson at: Hipsvolunteervp@gmail.com for more information.
Thank you for your time-
HIPS Volunteer VP/ 2nd & 4th grade mom
Spring Fling 2017 Needs:
If you can help with any of the following, please contact Muriel Mawdsley/ Spring Fling Coordinator /firstname.lastname@example.org
- We still desperately need an auction database person!!!!!
- We are looking for a volunteer to lead the Bake Sale.
We are looking for a few more Spring Fling Shirts !!2001, 2002, 2004, 2007, 2009 (To donate or lend)